Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Judgement!

Written: 22nd January, 2009.


In the confinement of these walls,

Under the warmth of my mantle,

The being inside me calls

Mulling over... violent, yet gentle.

The notion of truth I mean-

What’s right and what’s not?

What’s true and what’s false?

What line parts the poles?

Good or Evil, whatever they be

Who is veritable, am I or thee?



Talks of morality, all seem vain,

The vast spectrum of values unlike,

Any fruit shall this discussion gain?

Mutual amity or a feud may strike

The lesson that ‘you ought to do’-

Heist the greed or earn by candour?

Carnal loyalty or rejoice in passion?

Speak that be or fake it up?

Virtue or Sin, whatever they be

Who is to judge, am I or thee?



Friend or foe, the world around

The matter of faith, so faint

Prudence or ardour, whichever is sound

To loathe as devil or hail as saint!

The question of trust and love-

Whom to believe and whom not?

Who one needs and he comes?

Who cares thee and who flaunts?

Kind or Mean, whatever they be

Who is to guess, am I or thee?



Tough to see, what life means:

Some substance or a mere illusion?

The red, the blue and the greens;

Or simply a black and white delusion?

The purpose of existence I mean-

Is it for fun or a greater goal?

Is it for progeny or shun this vale?

Live for me or a life of all?

Wisdom or Crap, whatever they be

Who is to decide, am I or thee?

3 comments:

  1. nice poem there
    though u put in plenty of complicated words... :P
    i think the point has been put forward beautifully
    and thank God its all as open questions, nahi toh I wud have disagreed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work smiley [:)]....
    I got to know his talent recently being his very close friend... I can say that his work of poetry is very mature which is very difficult for a young guy.... Though the language is tough but the message is simple and clear..
    Continue your good job... [:)]

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous poem......though was a bit difficult to understand.... :P
    Dude!! i need to tell you one thing........raising questions is quite simple,answering them is a job to be handled.
    Hope u get answers to these pretty soon........and when u do, write another poem......only this time there will be answers......and haan continue using these complicated words....... :)
    best of luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete