Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Spring-Morning

Written: 27th March, 2004.


One spring-morning, when I woke up,

I looked out of my bedroom window.

My yawning mouth instantly shut up,

As the smog-filled winds that blow,

Choked my throat; not able to sniff

That old pleasant spring-mischief.



I wondered, is this the same old spring,

When the flowers blossom and spray

Their scents; and the warm winds bring

The same old mood joy and gay?

The same old spring, when the birds

Chatter to their lives and flock in herds!



But this time, nothing is the same.

No flowers; but the scent of soot

Within the winds flowing with shame,

Without that old charisma that touches the spiritual root.

The birds are also quiet. And what more

Can they do, unable to find their door?



I beg you, oh humanity! Please give back

That pleasant mood of spring, which now, you lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment